The Babson Global Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership at MBSC (KAEC)
Babson Global, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Babson College – the world´s leader in entrepreneurship education for over a decade – is collaborating with Lockheed Martin, under the Saudi Economic Offset Program, and the Prince Mohammad Bin Salman College of Business and Entrepreneurship (MBSC) at King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC), to design, build, and operate an entrepreneurship center in KAEC. The purpose of the center is to provide students and entrepreneurs with the knowledge and skills necessary to launch and expand business ventures, and to invigorate their entrepreneurial spirit with new ideas.
The Babson Global Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership (BGCEL), located at MBSC, delivers innovative programs on start-up ventures, small- and medium-size enterprises, and women’s entrepreneurship. In addition, it provides experiential learning opportunities for MBSC students, government officials, and business men and women.
BGCEL is the focal point for developing an entrepreneurial ecosystem in Saudi Arabia and its neighboring countries. Its activities include:
- Publishing the Saudi Arabia Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM). The GEM Saudi Arabia Entrepreneurship Monitor is the most comprehensive survey of attitudes toward entrepreneurship in the Kingdom ever undertaken. The report is an initiative of the Babson Global Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership (BGCEL).
- Hosting distinguished speaker series and regional conferences on entrepreneurship.
- Delivering entrepreneurship education programs.
- Writing case studies about entrepreneurial development in the Kingdom and neighboring countries.
- Supporting student businesses at MBSC to help the development of future entrepreneurs in the Kingdom.
BGCEL is a “center of excellence” where aspiring entrepreneurs from all walks of life learn best business practices and Entrepreneurial Thought and ActionTM, the signature pedagogy of Babson College. It supports the College in its mission to forge entrepreneurial leaders who create economic and social value around the world.